A nasty stomach bug has been navigating its way through the far reaches of the Gilmore family this week. Dad turned up with it first, and shared it with Memaw (who is in the rehab center after having triple bypass surgery last week), then Mom (who had just gotten home from her trip to California), and now poor Jonathan has it! I feel like my entire family is getting picked off, one by one! Norah and I have seen EVERY single one of our sick family members this week, within 24 hours of when their respective bugs hit...yet somehow neither one of us has shown any symptoms yet. I'm praying that Norah won't get it...and I guess I wouldn't mind if Jason and I missed out too. Nobody likes to be sick!
We have gotten into a pretty good bedtime routine, which makes the evenings in Robinson County quite pleasant. It turns out, Norah is an avid reader...at least, we think she's going to be as soon as she learns how. She absolutely loves being read to. Every night before bedtime, we read "Goodnight, Moon" and "Guess How Much I Love You". She pays careful attention to all ofthe pictures and really seems to listen intently. Its one of my favorite times of the day. After we finish reading, Jason and I put her in her crib, and she lays there quietly until she's ready to fall asleep. Again, we ask ourselves---why are we so blessed!?
I now understand why I've always heard that children are God's greatest blessings. It's amazing to me that someone so small can teach me so much. I've mentioned before how much I love to see Norah first thing in the morning because she is always so joyful--just thankful to be awake, and to have another day of life. It is a daily reminder to me of how I ought to be. To wake up each morning and think, "This is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" I pray that she will always keep her sweet, joyful spirit, and that God will help me to be more like Norah.
Norah is still working on the roll. She's also learning there are lots of different ways to get from A to B. Her latest way to get around, is what I like to call the "Spin Move". Using her legs for leverage, she can do a total 180, which makes it pretty interesting when I come into her room in the morning. She's rarely where I originally laid her down! This has led me to come to grips with the reality that her days of immobility are numbered. She is also becoming increasingly facinated with hands--both her own, and those of others. She just stares and stares at them. Our little explorer is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment