Being a first-time parent is so much fun. I think we're learning as much as Norah is! The past few weeks have been a blast because our little girl is really on the move. She's been pulling up on everything--and she has the bruises to prove it! (See the one over her right eyebrow?)Friday she decided that the school house is way more fun to play with from the outside. She crawled over to it, then pulled herself up and started pushing all of her favorite buttons. I thought maybe she was hinting that she'd like to be put in her little school house seat, but I was
quite mistaken. She started fussing when I picked her up, so I put her back on the ground and she pulled back up and resumed play. She "walked" her way around and played with everything. I think she's definately proud that she is a biped (even if she still requires a little bit of help staying upright)
When she got bored walking around the school house, she discovered another way to make it fun again. She must have figured if it was that much fun playing outside of it, imagine how fun it would be playing under it! She quickly found out how fun. She crawled right under it and amused herself for a good 30 minutes. My favorite pose was when she kicked her feet up over her head and rested them on
the base of the school house seat. She just looked like she was "just chillin'". (Her little legs look so long in those pants!)But that wasn't the end of our play day. Oh no. Next, we got out all of Norah's usually preferred toys. As you can see from the picture, we had quite an array of rainbow colors cluttering the floor. But our little smarty pants knew that there were still a few more toys left in her "toy box". She crawled over to it, pulled up on it, and was doing her best to open it. I had to laugh--after I took advantage of the photo op, of course.
She tried and tried to open the box herself, but to no avail. (She even clued into the little latch on the front of the box...smart girl!) Finally, she turned around to beckon me for an assist, and I gladly complied. Once I put out the remaining toys, she was perfectly content, playing with the ones that were already out. I guess she just wanted the back up toys out, just in case.



4 comments:
Norah does look really tall in those pants! i cannot believe how big shes getting. hurry and come see me so i can play w/ her again...and go shopping!
She is really getting big. They only become more interesting and fun as they grow. Thanks for sharing your stories with us. Thanks for letting me know about the comment problem on my blog - I think I have it fixed now.
Do you have an e-mail for Erin Jones? I saw that she commented on your blog, but when I click on her name it will not let me in? I would love to have her e-mail so I can get to her blog. Thanks!
She's getting so big! Hey I just ate lunch at Harold's and ran into the big FG! He came over and said hey and met Bella Kay.
She's so cute...Aren't they just amazing! This morning Emma was "helping" me clean out Brenden's room...at one point she was wearing his race helmet, a hawiian lei (sp?), and a slinky on her arm. She is at that "I wanna be helpful" stage where she is really no help at all! Does Norah do that yet?
Post a Comment