Monday, November 06, 2006

The Caped Cheerio-inator

Norah has joined the ranks and is now a card-carrying Cheerio-chomper. I really think she has figured out the word "snack", because it is one of those few, "powerful" words that can hault her sobs, mid-cry. Today I, heard her starting to fuss and looked at my watch and said, "How 'bout a snack". She whipped her head around and looked deep into my eyes with eager anticipation...I took that as an emphatic "Yes!"

Now that she's into snacking, I decided it was time to break out a nifty new bib with a "renegade cheerios/peas/you-name-it catcher " pocket. It works pretty well. Each time I've put it on her, its done its job effectively, protecting our floors from Norah's less-than-honed aim.

This afternoon, I left her bib on her and stepped out of the room for a minute to catch the phone. I returned, only to find that Norah had found a new, much more exciting use for her bib-- Low and behold, it doubles as a cape!

I thought I'd share a couple of her super hero feats. The first photo is of Norah, moving the furniture. (She was helping mommy get ready for a candle party and we needed a little extra room) She never would attempt this task un-aided, but with her super-cape, she made short work of it.







Next, she used her x-ray vision to see through daddy's socks. (She has this obsession with his feet, but she didn't want his feet to get cold, so she just used her powers to look at them)

Mommy started getting a little nervous when Norah whipped out the x-ray vision, so it was time to recall the cape. And thus, the Caped Cheerio-inator was restored to her civillian state.

Don't worry...I'm sure she'll return again, someday...say, around snack time tomorrow afternoon? Just be sure if you stop by the house around 3pm that you wear an extra layer or two of clothing...unless, you're one of the lucky few blessed with a perfect physique, and aren't concerned with the threat of x-ray vision!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im loving the superhero act! Matthew & Ethan play superhero and ask you to tie a blanket around them...so cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks like somebody has inherited some super powers from their aunt. maybe one day she will take over my reign as tooth fairy....(if she's lucky).
-a.a.

Anonymous said...

I don't know . . . I think that pocket might slow her down if she ever decided to fly. LOL!