Friday, June 01, 2007

Play Date H20

This morning I took Norah to a play date with our good friends Bonnie & Kellen, Cal & Patti, and Shelby. It was our first play date of the summer, so of course, there had to be some good, old-fashioned water-play!

Erin opened her backyard to let the kids come play in the sand and water. When we arrived, all of the other kids were in the pool, but Norah didn't want anything to do with the water. She cried when I tried to put her in, so instead, she checked out the sandbox.



After a while, the other kids joined her, and everyone did really well sharing toys and playing together.






Here's a shot of Norah and her Bible Class buddy, Bonnie. Bonnie and Norah are only a week apart in age--it's so nice to have sweet church friends to play with!



As soon as she thought it was "her" idea, Norah loved the pool. I think it was probably her favorite part of the play date, because every time I'd pull her out to play with the other kids, she'd go up to one of the other moms and raise her arms, as if to say, "Pool, please". Here she is "swimming" with Shelby.





I thought this was a fun picture of Bonnie and Norah. At the time they were saying "Splaaasssssh!" (yet another Bible class song lyric that we often sing at bath time, so it probably seemed very appropriate)









I loved her expression in this picture. It just seems to say, "What are you looking at?"









Here she is playing with brother and sister team, Bonnie & Kellen. It looks like she's asking him, "So, what do you like to do in this pool, for fun?"





Jenny brought out a big, inflated ball that squirted water from several spouts. It was definitely a crowd pleaser!








More water fun with Bonnie & Kellen...












Of course, the two boys had to engage in a little friendly water warfare. (Norah narrowly escaped the ambush, but was well-armed with a Louisville Slugger, just in case)











And of course, Norah (like most of the kids) couldn't leave until she had sampled her fair shar of the pool water mmmmm.....

It was a fun morning. Thanks, Erin for having us over! I have to admit, I was a little jealous. I wouldn't have minded going for a dip, myself! Maybe next time we can schedule a mommy play date?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the "What are you looking at?" picture, I think she has a strong resemblance to Aunt Elvie (Grandmother to you, I guess). Maybe it's the face she's making? She's just too cute in these pics. We'll be in Texas in July, we'll definitely have to get these two together since her daddy and uncle and I used to spend countless hours together.