I'll be the first to admit that when I'm productive elsewhere, my blogging suffers. Hence, the no blog updates in over a week. Sorry 'bout that.As penance, or maybe just because I like to brag on myself, here's a little glimpse of what I've been working on.
The sock monkey was a shower gift for a good friend who's expecting a baby boy in a few more weeks. She had mentioned that her nursery colors were "chambray blue and chocolate brown", and I just happened to have the perfect socks!
I think these little sock monkeys might be one of my all-time favorite sewing projects. I have about seven more monkeys in different stages of production, each with personality all its own. I tend to find myself giving them names (I prefer to think of this as "child-like", as opposed to "childish", thank you very much). I may even decide to list them that way (by name) if they make it into my etsy shop. They (along with the rest of my inventory stash) are going to make a brief stop at a "Day After Thanksgiving Craft Bazaar" in Austin, after which I plan to list any of the left overs on Etsy.
Grocery List Cozy for a friend's birthday...
Another grocery cozy for another friend's birthday...
And another grocery list cozy for...well, me. And, it's my favorite so far! (I know, I'm a terrible person for keeping the best for myself, but I simply can't bear to part with it) I LOVE vintage fabrics and reproductions, and had randomly won a "Recess" charm pack by Moda from Sew, Mama, Sew a few weeks back. I was floored when the pack arrived in the mail, and quickly used it (along with a couple other fabrics from my personal stash) to whip up this little number, and my grocery list hasn't been cold since.
The red interior fabric (with the kids skipping rope) is one of my all-time favorites. I used it in a quilt a few years ago and had been saving my precious, few scraps for "something special". I figured, what could be better than something that would brighten up a "mundane" task?! And, so far, I think it was a good call, because I smile every time I see it!
6 comments:
I love your "reasons" for not blogging! The monkeys are 'sew' cute!!!
Just wanted you to know that my list cozy is one of the neatest b-day gifts I've ever received! The colors, patterns...everything is just so ME!
You done good! :)
Love the sock monkey! So cute!!!
I love how talented you are. I wish I were there for you to help me with projects.
I think naming each sock monkey is a fantastic idea...it's more fun! You could even put their name on their P&P tag. =o)
your projects are adorable! thanks for sharing them. how could i get in touch with you about getting some? you mentioned etsy. do you sell stuff there? sorry, you have probably blogged about this, and i am just out of that loop. anyway, i wasn't sure what your email address was. could you email me? alison.m.thompson@hotmail.com thanks!
Post a Comment