Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Productivity Strikes, Again

Once again, faithful readers, productivity has trumped blogging. So, for anyone who's curious just what could possibly be more important than filling you in on the adventures of Norah and Eli, this post's for you. (Lest you think I'm just " whistling Dixie" about how busy I've been)

First up: Seven New Sock Monkeys (side note: I considered writing this post to the tune of "12 Days of Christmas...but I refrained). Please notice, each one has it's own"Pigtails & Puddles Label" (sorry, I just had to point that out, since I still get a little excited labeling my wares)

Add to that: Seven Colored Pencil Rolls













Then, I had the wonderful diversion (literally, making seven of anything is pretty monotonous for me...I like variety when I sew) of the birthday of one of my very best friends, who also happens to be one of the biggest list makers I know.



So, naturally, I felt she needed a little something to dress up her grocery list...




And, as if that weren't enough to justify my leave of absence, I also made two, super-cute, girly t-shirts, which I'll have to wait to reveal, as they just might be on their way to the home of someone who is reading this right now!

And yes, each of the monkeys bore his/her own, individual name. Of course, if their new owner deems they need a new one, that is their prerogative, but I thought it would be a fun way to list them on Etsy.

Oscar, here was my personal favorite.








The craft sale was a total bust. Very few people attended this year, and those who did come were pretty tight-fisted with their cash. A sign of the times, I guess.










So, on to plan B. The monkeys and pencil rolls will make a brief tour this week at three home shows (a friend of mine is selling purses, books, and candles and offered to take them along to for a little extra exposure).









Between shows, they will reside in the Texas Truck Riggins Showroom, where they will be available for purchase. At the close of the week, I'll open them up to the public on Esty... or at least that's the plan!













































9 comments:

said...

Very, very cute!

Amy B. said...

Dear Goodness! You amaze me my friend.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

THEse are awesome I am impressed by your craftiness... am I the friend that you are sending something too... HE HE HE

Trae and Amanda said...

That's my sister!! :)
You're amazing!

Sara Nickson said...

You are fabulous and a great gift designer! So talented.

Me said...

Very cool family of monkeys! Is an Esty shop in the near future?

Angela Robinson said...

Thanks, guys! I'm blushing...and you should see the monkeys, they're all sitting taller now.

Camille, sorry, but the shirts were way too girly for Pierce, trust me!

Sheri, I hope to open up the etsy shop next Monday (if I don't, by some miracle, sell out at these home shows this week)

SheridanLeftwich said...

I'm so impressed with your craftiness and quantity of it. Your awesome. I can't wait to see you ETSY shop.

Anonymous said...

Dang girl, you've been busy. I feel like a slacker compared to you! LOL!