Saturday, January 24, 2009

From the Mouthes of Babes...

N: Mom, say, 'What's on your back--is it a backpack?"
A: "Norah! What in the world is on your back? Is it a backpack?"
N: "No, silly. It's my parachute."

Pepaw: "Norah, what's your mommy's name?"
N: "Angela. But I call her Mommy."
Pepaw: "What's your daddy's name?"
N: "Babe."

J: "Eli, no sir! We do not throw food on the floor! "(swats Eli's hand)
N: (with bewildered concern) "But I LOVE my brother!"
This is her response, literally every time we discipline Eli in any capacity. I wish I could say I reacted that way to my siblings' punishments as a child, but it's much more likely that I was watching from a safe distance mentally chanting, "Somebody got in trouble!" to the tune of "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo" with an impish grin.

5 comments:

Trae and Amanda said...

Norah never ceases to amaze me with the creative things she comes up with! That little baby cracks me up!! :) She is too cute for words!

Me said...

I love it! Babe! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I wish my girls would stick up for each other like that!

The Johnsons said...

Hi Angela! I just found your blog and it's been great catching up with you and your family! We just had our first baby and her nursery is a literary theme - Olivia and Babar are proud members of the collection! What a fun idea for a birthday party. And I love that Jason's name is Babe. Ha!

Gregg and Erin

said...

Aidan thinks that "Sweetie" is another word for husband. ;) Kids say amazing things. I love that Jason's name is Babe, that's too funny. Aidan knows all of our jobs, mine, Ryan's, her Papa's but she thinks all my mom does is fly on an airplane.