Saturday, March 21, 2009

From the Mouthes of Babes...

N: (making up her own verses to "Be Careful Little Eyes" in the back seat of the car today)
"Oh be careful little toes when you tiptoe. Oh be careful little toes when you tiptoe. For the Father up above is working down in love so be careful little toes when you tiptoe!"

N: Beholdy comes! Riding on the clouds, shining like the sun, at the trumpet call. So, lift your voice. Hear and you'll believe. High on Zion's Hills I'll Va-Ca-tion!"

(For those who don't know, the actual lyrics are "Lift your voice, it's the Year of Jubilee. Out of Zion's Hill, salvation comes!")
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N: ("Reading" the model name of the truck pulled up beside us at a red light)
"S-I-L-V-E-R-A-D-O (pauses as if sounding it out to herself)....Car!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight, Jason was holding Norah's hands and letting her climb up his legs to flip backwards. What was her sing-songy exclamation each time she performed this impressive feat?
N: "Ta-Da! I'm famous!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norah ambushed Jason and I while we were cuddling and immediately demanded to be center of her daddy's attention. When her demands weren't met, she resorted to whipping out her first 5-syllable word (at least that we can recall)
N: "Daddy, I want you to snuggle with ME!"
J: (continues jokingly cuddling with mommy to make Norah jealous)
N: "Daddy, I want you to snuggle with me, but you are not cooperating."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to be left out, here are some of my favorite "Eli-isms" of late:

"Ah duh"- Translation: "All Done". Spoken after each meal.

"Tuh-kuh-buh"- Translation: "Take a bath?" Spoken, without fail, the instant he's finished with his evening meal. This kid lives and breathes by his schedule.

"Bite"- No translation required. He doesn't mess around when food is involved and annunciates very precisely (especially on the "t" in bite)

"Goot" (Rhymes with "Foot")- Translation: "That bite you shared with me was out of this world!"

"Nigh Nigh"- Translation: "Please, just put me in my bed so I can go to sleep."

"Bye Bye" or "G'bah"- Translation: "See you later!"

"Cup-cuh"- Translation: "Cupcake". Also, "Cookie". Always said with an enthusiastic, expectant look in his eye.

6 comments:

said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute. Aidan recently busted out with "Mmm...quite tasty!" Where they get this stuff is beyond me. :)

We may be coming into town in early April (before Easter). I'll be in touch with firmer plans when I know more.

Me said...

Fabulous! I especially like the "Daddy you are not cooperating!" Did she have her hands on her hips while saying it?

Chelsi said...

Oh my goodness, I am ROLLING over here!! Where does she get this stuff?!?! I love it!!

And I LOVE the shirt you made Brierley! Talent talent!

Amy B. said...

That stuff is funny funny!

J Katy Garner said...

That's hilarious! I need to be better at recording the CRAZy things said around her, you do that so GREAT.

Angela Robinson said...

Thanks, Katy. I try to keep a draft "Mouthes of Babes" post going at all times and just add to it as it happens...otherwise, I always forget everything!