I recently mentioned that Eli's vocabulary has really taken off. His language comprehension is also great. He is extremely obedient. If I tell him "No-no" one time, he immediately responds, no matter how lucrative the offending action. This makes parenting him such a joy. It's funny to be able to give a semi-complex command to such a little person and watch them comply without hesitation. Case in point, I filled the laundry basket with the sheets from our bed (which is in the very back of the house), then jokingly told Eli (who was, as usual, at my feet) "Hey buddy, do you wanna take the laundry to the garage for me?" He grinned, as if happy to be helpful, and started pushing.
He kept going until he was road blocked by his sister, who decided she wanted in on some of the action. 
Oh, the bliss of watching beautiful, sibling teamwork! Together, they made it all the way to destination: garage. And received adequate praise from Momma. I love having such good little helpers. I seldom unload the dishwasher without the unsolicited help of one or both of them. Now, as long as I can keep child labor law enforcement off my back, I think I'll have a pretty sweet deal by the time they're 4 and 6!
4 comments:
This is too cute!
If they are still teaming up to do housework cheerfully when they are 4 and 6, you'll be needing to write a parenting book! :)
What good helpers. Sydney will help me put the clean bibs back in her bib basket. I guess I should start asking for more help! Go Eli and Norah!
hey early on, the key for house cleaning at our house -- even still today, is MUSIC...so no matter how old, crank the music up and cleaning will come!! angela, i love to hear your stories. enjoy, i know you do!!
Post a Comment