Monday, August 24, 2009

From the Mouthes of Babes...

Norah's response after careful inspection of her hands (post being informed that she had paint all over them...)
N: "Mommy, look! There isn't any paint on my insect finger!"

A: Norah, what movie would you like to watch?
N: Sleeping Beauty!
A: (Knowing that the suggested movie can, at times make N a bit uneasy) How about we pick a movie that's a little less scary, so Eli won't be afraid.
N: It's ok mom. I'll encourage him when Malificent comes.


Eli-isms of Late...
For the duration of our car trips, Eli has begun informing us of each and every "Truck!" and "Cahhrr" he sees. (Amazingly, in spite of the fact that they are virtually everywhere you look, his excitement at finding them doesn't ever seem to wain)

"Nuh-guts?!" Happily requested, without fail if we happen to drive-into (or past) a McDonald's. (Proving that the golden arches really are one of the most recognizable trademarks in the world...even to a 19-month old)

"Poo Poo!" Exclaimed (usually at a high volume) anytime Eli has to go to the bathroom, regardless of what type of business he really needs to take care of. I'm just thankful that he tells me, and waits until we reach the potty to act on his urges.

"Choo Choo!" Proudly declared each time he finishes going "poo poo", as he pulls up his undies, which feature Thomas the Train.

"Hah Dahg" One of Eli's favorite foods of late.

"Kye-it" His most recent request if I try to sing him a lullabye when he's too tired to listen. (Usually spoken while shoving his "insect" finger toward my lips)

"Tay-koooooo" Spoken, almost without fail if given anything, whether it be a compliment, favor or physical object. He loves saying thank you...I pray this is something that never changes!

Eli has also recently learned that a well-placed "please" is the key to most things his heart desires. When he forgets, all I have to do is say, "Use your manners", and he'll offer an adorable "Peeace" with a sheepish smile.

3 comments:

said...

Aidan LOOOOOVES Maleficent, especially when she turns into a dragon. She takes after her daddy's side who loves scary movies. I'm a big chicken...I hate scary movies and can't stand being scared.

I can't believe how big they're getting! Hopefully the kids will get to play next month.

Jenny said...

Oh, they are so precious Ange! And, I can't believe Eli's already talking... where does the time go?

Christy said...

Hehehe...Samantha is the same way with getting excited about every car she sees while we are driving, and she also tells us poopoo every time she needs to go potty, although it is really peepee each time. Maybe it's the age, since they are only a couple of weeks apart. :)