Fast forward to after church, when I was taking off his church clothes to put on play clothes before lunch. Eli's response: "Awww (accompanied by the saddest little pouty lip I've ever seen), I'm not a wary handsome boy anymore?" Rest assured, I set that record straight wary quickly.
Another Eli-ism we're loving right now is the way he tries to get our attention when he wants to show us something. "Hey kids! Look at dis!" It cracks us up every time (and he calls Jason and I "kids" on a daily basis). It isn't in any way said in disrespect, more like a term of endearment. And we're sure he picked it up from us, because it's the way we often address he and Norah when we want them to head to the table for dinner, or to the car, etc. Still, very funny coming from the mouth of an articulate 2 year-old.
Then, later that day, called from down the hall that he was stranded in the bathroom, without any toilet paper. I was in the middle of a tedious mending job for Norah (she had broken a fairy wing!) and if I set it down, I was going to have to go back to square one (which was quite a few squares back), so I sent Norah on a mission of mercy to the other bathroom, to take Dad the much-needed tp.
Jason informed me that Norah made haste, and hurried into the bathroom with a smug grin and an outstretched hand, containing exactly one square of toilet paper. (The other hand was behind her back, holding the rest of the roll) Jason got a big kick out of her sense of humor, as he probably would have done the same thing, had the opportunity presented itself to him first.
No comments:
Post a Comment