Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Little Gymnast(s)

 Jason and I decided that since 1) this is Norah's last year at home (prior to kindergarten...we aren't literally kicking her out of the house next year), and 2)she spends 90% of her time in my hip pocket, it would be a healthy thing for her to have some instruction from some people other than us prior to taking the plunge into public school next fall.

We laid out all of the viable options on multiple occasions, in various settings and company, and her answer was "gymnastics", every time, so we signed up.

She is LOVING it so far, and her biggest goal going into her first class was "to learn how to do a cartwheel".  Much to her delight, they did work on them.  The instructor had a special mat with hand and footprints to help guide the kids through the motions.  I had to refrain from audibly laughing when I watched my "rule follower" daughter attempt to place both her hands and feet on the corresponding pictures, all at the same time her first time up.

 By her second try, however, she was starting to get the hang of it!
The trampoline, however, is another story.  Poor, sheltered child.  She looks like a wayward ping pong ball every time she jumps.  (Jason and I decided after her most recent class that she must think the object of the trampoline is to cover as much ground as possible because she is ALL over that trampoline!)












The trampoline is Eli's favorite part...or should I say, WAS Eli's favorite part, until Norah's gym moved to a new location and built a gate around the floor, to keep meandering brothers from playing on the equipment!  Don't fret, Eli...your time will come and I have no doubt that whether it's in the gym, on a court, or on a field, you sir,  will be a force to be reckoned with!

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

So fun! I can so see Norah being a little gymnast.
I haven't stopped by Robinson County in a while...I'm happy to find some new posts!

Trae and Amanda said...

hello...halloween pictures please!!