
We officially have a kindergartener in our midst! After buying the supplies, shopping for clothes, attending "Meet the Teacher", and talking about her pending venture into the public school system, she has officially arrived!

She woke up at 6:30, of her own accord (15 minutes earlier than I planned to wake her), got dressed all by herself in the outfit she had picked out the night before, and promptly requested cheerios with cut up strawberries for breakfast. She confided that she was nervous, so we prayed together in her bedroom, and that was the last I heard about nerves.

After taming her unruly bed-head, we went outside for a few pictures...Eli (who was still under the impression that this was his first day of school, too) was also happy to oblige.

The whole family piled into the car and drove to N's school, where, we of course, had to take a few more pictures. (Thankfully, everyone else was doing the same thing, so we fit right in)

I managed to hold back the tears while I watched her walk up the sidewalk, sandwiched between, and holding on tightly to the hands of her Daddy, and best buddy/brother.

When we got to her classroom, she hung her backpack on a hook, walked right in like she owned the place, and headed straight to the desk with her name on it. (This was the point at which I finally lost the grip I had on my emotions, so I stayed in the hallway, thankful for the warm, little hand I still held in mine) Jason followed her into class and took a few more photos before Norah informed him, "I'd like to watch you leave now, Daddy." Eli was pretty sad on the car ride home, but he perked up quickly when I informed him that we were going to meet with some friends at Chick-fi- a for breakfast. (So thankful for my "First Day of School Mommy Support Group!!)

At the end of the day, Eli and were waiting outside to meet her and hear all about her day. I had to laugh when Eli first saw her come outside, as he started shouting, "Susie! Susie! Over here, Susie!" I asked him who he was calling to, and he smiled his most mischievous smile, and informed me that Susie was his "secret name" for his sister. The first words out of her mouth were "All I'm gonna say is, today was a GREAT day! A GREAT day...that is all I'm gonna say." (Except that isn't all she said at all. She gave me exactly the kind of recap I would have wished for--every, single detail, in-depth. She was bubbly and energetic, and so proud to be a kindergartener. (And her momma was pretty proud of her, too!)
2 comments:
Awww...I'm so glad she had a great first day of kindergarten! Those lyrics had me tearing up too. Aidan started first grade this year...it's going by so quickly!!
can't believe it...wow, so glad it was a wonderful time!! i still remember the red plaid dress alison wore on her first day of K!! peace to you, mom!!
Post a Comment