
I've been seeing this
cool experiment with Ivory bar soap all over the interwebs, so I decided we should give it a try. All you need is a bar of Ivory brand soap and your microwave.

My handsome assistant unwrapped said bar of soap, and gave it a good sniff, just for kicks.

The we popped it into the microwave for 90 seconds (I opened the door when I heard it "pop"...figured that was long enough, although I've read it wont hurt anything if it goes for longer)

Before...

After...about 6 times it's original size!
We transported the plate to the sink, and I let the kids have at it. The texture was really wierd-- foamy, and flaky. Then, we experimented adding water and mixing it with shredded toilet paper, which made it a little more pliable.
I wont lie, the microwave did smell a little bit like Ivory for the next day or two...but that was probably a welcome change from the mix of buttery popcorn and bacon that it probably was before!
No comments:
Post a Comment