I'll bet 97% of you wouldn't have guessed that Norah's absolute favorite mode of transportation is the "laundry basket express", but it is! I discovered this little known fact when Norah was only a couple of months old. I had to get some laundry done, but didn't want to leave Norah by herself in the house while I went to the garage to get the laundry out of the dryer, so I took her with me, and much to my surprise, the laundry basket became her "happy place". Sometiems, we even add sound effects (think "Choo-choo! Chugga-Chugga, Chugga-Chugga", complete with air breaks when we reach our destination at the "Mommy & Daddy's Bed Depot") Since she always looks so happy when she's taking her "free ride", I decided it was worthy of photo documentation.
After reaching my room, where I typically sort, fold, hang, and put away our laundry, I placed Norah on the bed, next to the clean clothes. Sometimes I like to talk to her while I work on the laundry ("This is Daddy's shirt. See? It's blue"), but today, she had plans of her own. While I started putting the clothes away, Norah set to work, strategically placing articles of laundry on top of herself, until she thought she was completely covered. (Think: Ostrich Syndrome) Her legs and feet were pretty easy to spot, but don't overlook her little hand...I thought that was the cutest part of the picture. When I saw
that she was finished concealing herself, I asked one of her favorite questions, "Where's Norah?!" Which was, as usual, met with a string of mischievious giggles, slightly muffled, of course. After a momemt, she threw the sheets off of her face and shrieked, beaming from ear to ear. I was just glad I still had the camera with me from the laundry express photo shoot!Well, that's about all I have time for. In a little while, we'll be off to Dr. Lawrence's office to see if he's happy with Norah's weight gain since her appointment last Wednesday. Say a little prayer! And in much happier news: Memaw's going home from the rehab center today! She's pleased as punch. Please continue to keep her in your prayers as she makes this transition. Have a great day!
4 comments:
Angela,
I finally had time to read back through on your bolg and was able to read about your last doctor appointment. Nursing is a wonderful thing and a great time to bond; however formula is also a great thing and get be a relief to both of you. The transition and trial times may not be a lot of fun and fill with lots of emotion, but if Norah is happy and healthy then that is your main concern. With my oldest I was able to nurse for 8 months before we had to go to formula. We were able to switch off with nursing and formula for a while before we had to go to formula completely. Just enjoy the time you have and know that you are raising a healthy child. Good luck!
Lyneil
man that does look fun...will u push me in the laundry basket next time i come over? p.s.-hope those are clean clothes ;)
-a.a.
Angela:
I just found your blog (Via Sarah's) and was so happy to see pics of your precious baby for the first time. I also just read about the low baby weight and wanted you to know that we had the same issue with Emma...her percentiles just kept dropping and dropping, but some babies are just small. The doctor will take good care of her, almost as good as you and Jason, and you guys will do what's best for her. It all works out when God is looking over your shoulder for He is in control of all things. Sheri
I love the photos of Norah...you are doing such a great job of catching every day life!
I have such fond memories of the laundry basket and my mom as a kid...which tells me it lasted much longer than 6 months! :) I loved the feeling of the winter chill being muffled by warm clothes from the dryer being dumped on my giggling self :)
Post a Comment