Friday, July 14, 2006

School House Rocks

I couldn't resist posting a couple photos of an elated Norah playing in the beloved "School House". We decided Norah had bailed out of her bouncer one too many times, so I set up the school house during her afternoon nap Thursday. When she awoke, I took her into the living room for her surprise. It was seriously what I always imagined a child to be like on Christmas morning. I put her in the little seat and she was so excited, she didn't know what to play with first!

What a cool toy! Its seat can spin in a complete circle. Norah's feet can touch the ground, so she can push herself in any direction. In addition to being able to spin, the base of the seat rests between two ledges on wheels, which allow Norah to move forward and backward, so she can get to any toy on the whole system! (She's not quite strong enough to actually accomplish this, but in theory its pretty neat!)

As of right now, her favorite feature is a little mirror (she has her hand on it in the second photo) that spins. One side looks like a clock, and the other side shows her her reflection. She never seems to tire of marveling at herself. Everytime she completes a revolution and finds her smiling face in the mirror, she squeals with delight. Its pretty entertaining! I just can't get over what a big girl she looks like "standing up"!

No comments: