Now if you think really hard, I'll bet you can guess what fun new toy our darling 8-month-old found to play with today. That's right...the door stopper! I was in the kitchen working on a cake, when suddenly a loud, vibrating, "Do-oi-oi-oin-g!" pierced the quiet on the other side of the kitchen wall. I didn't even have to look. The door stopper spring has one of those sounds that is completely unmistakable for anything else. I just grabbed the camera and got ready to document Norah the Explorer's latest "discovery".She was having a ball...and then she saw me. It was priceless--she was completely intent on making her music there with the doorstop, then she looked up and saw me towering over her. Her elation melted as she looked up at me with questioning eyes, as if to ask, "Am I in big trouble?" I couldn't help but laugh, and she knew from that, that everything was ok. She laughed too. (She's started doing that this week--if I laugh at something, she mimmicks me...so funny!) She even made her funny "Sniffy-Face" (She has taken to milking that face for laughs every chance she can get...and she will now do it on command, which is pretty fun when we want to show our friends!) Then she went back to her playtime with the door stop. I'm just thankful she didn't put it in her mouth. (Although, I did go and give all the door stops throughout the house a good wipe down, just to be safe)

1 comment:
Oh the job of mobility! How fun. She is growing so fast. Thanks for sharing your discovery with us.
Post a Comment