Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween!

As promised, here are a couple of photos of Norah in her first Halloween costume. In case you aren't up on your imaginary fairytale creatures, she's a baby mermaid. I can honestly say it was the most fun I've ever had sewing anything! The "tail" fabric was my inspiration. I found it at JoAnn's a couple of months back and immediately decided that she had to be a mermaid--after all, this is the only year she wont be walking (ie--that she wouldn't mind having her legs stuffed together in a green, lycra sack), so it was too perfect.

There weren't any mermaid patterns, so Gramps helped me make one of my own, using a good, old-fashioned paper bag. I think the costume is even more special to me, knowing that I made it one-of-a-kind, just for Norah.

Norah absolutely loves her tail. I've tried it on her several times over the past few weeks, and every time she's put it on, she's seemed to get really excited. Sunday, Jason and I carried her all over our church's Trunk or Treat and every time we greeted anyone, Norah would flip her tail. (She likes to watch it sparkle when it moves)

Speaking of Trunk or Treat...Jason and I had a great time walking around together, taking pictures, laughing and marveling at all the awesome costumes, and of course, showing off our pride and joy. For your viewing pleasure, I've included a few photos of some of my personal favorite costumes of the 2006 Halloween Season..enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Angela, that mermaid costume is the COOLEST! Wish I would have done that!

Me said...

Okay, is the White Queen Lori V.? Sheri

Unknown said...

That is SO cute and original. Love the little bikini top.

My pictures are up, too.

Are you an Aggie? I graduated in 92.

Trae and Amanda said...

Great blog post. wish i could have been there to see norah on her first halloween. her costume turned out perfect. you should sell it on e-bay or something. (just kiddin...)

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

That is the most amazing costume. I've never seen anything like it!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You did so well on her costume, wish I could have seen it in person! :) Way to go, what a talent!