Ok, AA, you demanded Easter pictures...so here you go. This was the coldest Easter I can ever remember! I was so glad I had bought Norah a little white sweater to go with her Easter dress. Jason and I both opted out of wearing our Easter duds, in exchange for something a lot warmer.We tried to get a sweet picture of Norah in her blue Easter dress...this is the best we came up with. We made the mistake of waiting until after her nap, after church, so she was full of energy and in a super silly mood. I know it looks like she's screaming, but in actuality, she's fake laughing. She has this hilarious shrieking laugh that she only does when she's feeling especially cantankerous. Mom R once described to me how funny it is to watch a baby rooster teaching itself how to crow...I have to imagine that it must, in some small way, resemble a baby girl teaching herself how to belly laugh. Somewhat painful looking, but proud, and amused, all at the same time. (Not to mention very entertaining to onlookers)
Norah was certainly spoiled this Easter. Friday, Grammy gave her a sweet necklace with her initials engraved on it. (interesting enough, though her initials in monogram format spell NRA...this was unintentional and the Robinsons currently have no affiliation with the National Rifle Association) Then Saturday, a mysterious FedEx box appeared on our doorstep, containing 4 stuffed (non-edible, and thankfully, non-sticky) Peeps! Norah knew just what they were because she almost immediately started saying, "Peep! Peep!" when we opened the box. (I was glad AA, aka Peep Provider, was on the phone with us at the time to witness this sweet sound). The box the peeps came in had some fun facts. Did you know it originally took 27 hours to make ONE peep!? Crazy. Sounds to me like the guys making the first batch must've really liked peeps. I'll bet they finally got tired of eating the product after 27 hours, so they said, "Ok! They're finally ready. Whew! Those take forever to make!" when their boss showed up to see what was taking so long.Sunday, we headed out to Uncle Grant and Aunt Paige's house (you wouldn't believe how much the guineas have grown!) for Easter lunch. Grandma (aka Mom R) had a sweet Easter basket chocked full of goodies for Norah...and one for Jason and me too! (Its nice to not have to grow out of all the fun stuff)
In other news, I'm still hard at work hand-quilting on Norah's quilt and it is really coming along. (Hence the less-frequent blog updates...sorry) I can't wait to post that I've finished it...but don't hold your breath! In the mean time, I'll at least try to keep the Norah updates coming.
2 comments:
Aren't grandparents the best? That's what they're there for -- to spoil the kids. She's so adorable!
Thats what i'm talkin bout! thanks for the easter pics. glad norah liked the peeps. hopefully next year i'll be there to hide some eggs for her! :)
Post a Comment