Friday, February 26, 2010

This (Little) Old Man

This week I made Eli a "Little Old Man" shirt with a faux tie and suspenders. He took a fancy to it right away, proudly pointing out his "Tie and some spenders" to anyone who would care to pay him notice. I attribute his loving it so much to the fact that it is one of the few things I've made for him to wear. Poor kid. Sister gets dresses and twirly skirts, but little brother is deprived due to his mother's lack of originality/ingenuity at finding good little boy sewing ideas. I'm hoping to break the cycle this year, though. I've got a few ideas to throw in the mix, so hopefully I can even out their homemade wardrobes a little bit.

And that face is the "smile" I get 90% of the time right now. (Perhaps you noticed it in the chicken noodle soup photo from the Snow Post?) I think it captures his personality at this age perfectly. He is such a ham!

3 comments:

Me said...

What a handsome little man and way to go mom!

Irma and Koby said...

Absolutley adorable!! You are a creative genius!!

said...

Have you seen the guitar shirts? I just did one on a onesie. So cute, so easy to do.