Yesterday was my cousin, Donna's birthday, and I was searching for a great gift idea. Inspiration struck when I visited the House on Hill Road blog and found a fun, new sewing project that would yield the perfect gift for my coffee-loving cousin!
Paper coffee sleeves might be good enough for Starbucks, but I thought Donna deserved something with a little more pizazz. Since she's a teacher and is referred to as "Mrs. Berny" all day long, I decided to personalize her first name on the front.
I added lavender buttons and loops for the closure as a finishing touch.
She loves purple, so I paired a vintage lavender paisley print lining with a chocolate brown exterior (in hopes of disguising any coffee dribbles). It also has a thin layer of batting sandwiched between the two fabrics for added insulation, and to give it a little more stability. I had so much fun with this project...I might have to make a few more!
3 comments:
These are so cute. I've seen them on Erin's (HOHR) blog. I might just have to make some, too! So Fun!! Good job!
cute! ya know....i like coffee.... ;)
Sew cute Angela! ;o)
I love it!
Post a Comment