We've had a fun week so far. Monday, we did our usual early-morning grocery shopping, followed by some sewing time with Gramps. (We made a little pillbox hat, for Norah's Halloween costume, which is almost complete!) Tuesday, Norah and I stayed home most of the morning (we only left for a little while to run Daddy his lunch), then headed to the library to return our books that were due.Norah was elated to get to carry her new book bag, or as she refers to it, "purse" (an early Christmas present from Gramps, who read my earlier post about wanting to make a library bookbag and decided to head me off at the pass). She recognizes the library. When we reach the block where it's located, she starts saying, "La-berry! La-berry! Upstairs?" (the children's section is upstairs and I think the climb is her favorite part of our visit)

We returned our old items and picked out 4 new books, all of which we read at nap time yesterday, last night after dinner, just before bed and again today before her nap. I like this week's books even better than our first batch, so I don't mind the repetition.
Today, Norah and I headed back to the library for story time. This week was all about trains. Norah wasn't especially impressed with the stories--she was much more excited about seeing her friends, Garrett & Nathan. After story time was over, we perused a few more books before heading to Buck's Pizza for their Wednesday lunch special (a jumbo slice of pizza and a fountain drink for $1.08!!).
Garrett, Nathan, and their mommy joined us for lunch, and all three kids had no trouble eating their share of pizza. Yeah, it was messy...but so fun! (And we couldn't resist taking at least one messy-face picture...note that we moms opted out of the picture so as not to disclose any evidence of our pizza-eating cleanliness, or lack thereof)In other exciting (at least to me), Norah's gone nearly two weeks accident-free in her big girl panties. (even including naps) She tells me when she needs to go, and if it's an inopportune time, she's able to "wait and be patient" until we get someplace where she can go-- which is SO nice. (I've really had to test her limits a couple of times when we were out and there was NO place close...but so far she's done great) Granted, I'm still too much of a chicken to let her sleep in her panties overnight, but most mornings she's waking up dry, so that day may not be too far off! Now, I'm sure by publicly confessing all of this I'm setting myself up for either A) a huge accident today in a very public place, or B)an extremely hard time potty training baby brother in a couple of years...but for now, I'm going to rejoice in this small victory, and bask in the greatness of a slightly lower (diaper-free) grocery bill...at least for 2 months, and then we'll start again with baby #2!
2 comments:
Who knew little bitty panties could make a mom so happy?
That is a great pic of Norah and the Avery boys! They are all so precious!
Post a Comment