Perhaps N has a future in fashion design. Last night at dinner she fashioned a custom poncho for her sippy cup. As she ever-so-carefully tried it on her model, she smiled in triumph and exclaimed, (and I quote), "Awwwww! A brand new outfit!"Don't discount the quality of her work based on the primitive nature of her medium. I don't think I could have done much better if all I were given was a tortilla to work with!
While I was getting ready for Ladies' Class on Wednesday morning, I put Eli in the school house play center. Norah loves it when he's in there because she likes to "teach" him. (She usually tries to force him ring the bell or shake the rattle), but on this day she was in the mood to entertain. I heard her singing a medley of fully recognizable songs (ranging from the ABCs, to Jesus Loves Me, to a few choice Veggie Tales tunes), so I sneaked in behind her, unnoticed and enjoyed a full show, including her own, unique dance moves.
One of the most entertaining parts was watching Eli. He was BEAMING at her, completely entertained by her theatrics.
I rushed away to get my camera and caught one snapshot of his expression before Norah was onto me and wanted to pose. All in all though, I think both pictures turned out pretty sweet. (And it still cracks me up that she can't knowingly be photographed with her brother without putting her arm around him or her hand on his head, etc. She is so proud of that baby brother!)
5 comments:
Wow, she reminds me of Jason when he was little in that posed pic.
She's a Little Einsteins fan, isn't she? "A Brand New Outfit" is one of the episodes where they help a baby caterpillar (aren't they always babies?) go to the tree so he can get a new outfit and turn into a butterfly. Aidan's gotten away from the Wiggles and has moved onto Little Einsteins.
Very perceptive, Tara. that was my theory too since the caterpillar is one of her favorite episodes...but I didn't know if anyone else would recognize it.
nice to see your two kids bonding. :)
That is a very cool poncho. N and E are so cute together. I truely enjoy them on Wednesday mornings.
She's such a great big sister! Love those pictures!
Post a Comment