Since Norah's becoming increasingly interested in helping me in the kitchen, I try to have at least one kid-friendly dinner preparation per week.Last night she helped me prepare salmon patties, just like I used to help her Mimi make, when I was a little girl. (It's not one of Jason's personal favorites, but I had to make it with Norah, just once, for sentimental reasons)
Just as I suspected, crushing up the crackers was her favorite part (it was always mine, too!).
She wasn't nearly as keen on forming the patties. She would pat a couple of times, then turn her hand over for careful examination, as if to determine just how slimy they were getting. After one and a half patties, she looked at me with those big, blue eyes and questioned, "my pan and my spoon?"
So I indulged her and she set to work on her own specialization, water soup! Guess she's picked up at least one other habit of mine in the kitchen (I'm a big cook-by-taster) Her post-finger-licking exclamation: "Iss almost ready!"And in case you're wondering, the precious apron was a handmade gift from Jason's cousin, Tara, and her sweet daughter, Aidan. (We love it and use it all the time!)
1 comment:
Yay! I love seeing her in the apron! :)
Aidan loves to help me cook too, always wants to climb up on the stepstool and help. Such big helper girls we have!
Post a Comment