Tuesday, July 15, 2008

All Dressed Up (With Somewhere to Go!)

Jason and I are admittedly homebodies. Apart from church, we don't spend much time dressed up fancy-like, so when we had the opportunity to attend the wedding of a mutual, life-long friend this weekend, we pulled out all the stops. Norah and Eli spent an evening at Mimi and Pepaw's house, and Jason and I enjoyed a fancy, grown-up night out.

Our precious friend, Lauren Lucille Garner (now Vasser) was wed Saturday night in what proved to be a beautiful (and highly entertaining) wedding celebration.

Jason and I are not huge wedding goers, as a rule, but there was no way either of us would have missed Lauren's wedding. We've both known her forever, and at least one of us credits her with helping get Jason and me together as a couple.


As if that weren't enough of a lure to draw us out of hiding for the wedding festivities, so many of our good friends were there, too.

Including Jason's brother Grant, and our beautiful sister-in-law, Paige...




and our good-time friends, Jon and Amy Buchanan. (to whom I owe credit for almost all of the pictures in this post since I am a lousy event-photographer and Amy was kind enough to share)




Amy & Paige...and Grant (ever the goofy-faced picture crasher)









There was even a certified, ballroom dance instructor at the wedding, who gave instruction on 2 styles of dance (fox trot and swing) to all the guests. Jason and I tried the fox trot...but ours looked more like the fox trod on each other's feet! (We did, at least get in one, good, Texas Waltz before the night was through).

Thanks to the Garners for hosting a great wedding and reception, and thanks to the grandparents for allowing us a special date night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too fun! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I love the new damask wallpaper!!! Where did you get it?

said...

Wow, I haven't seen Grant with no facial hair in a LONG time. He looks so young!

I was about to comment how normal Grant looked, then I saw the second pic of him and was reassured that Grant is still himself, ever the goofy face maker.

Y'all look fabulous! I haven't dressed up (aside from church) in ages!

J Katy Garner said...

sooo glad you guys were there! looking forward to Amanda's shindig
: )

Amy B. said...

Fun times! I laugh when I think of the fox trot lady or "fun stealer" as Jon called her. He would rather trot on his own terms! =)

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks so beautiful! I can't even remember the last time I got all dressed up!

Angela Robinson said...

Karen-
The wallpaper is from cutestblogontheblock.com

Thanks for noticing!