Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fish Tales and Curly Cues

Eli went in for his (belated) six-month well-check today. He is up to 16lbs. 12oz. and 26 inches long. In light of the fact that until they are old enough to be measured standing up, babies "height" is referred to as their "length", much like a fish, I thought it would be fun to post a picture of our "little lunker"



He is now up to F-I-V-E teeth (three on top, two on bottom) and lets just say, um...I'm well-aware that they're there.

At this stage, Norah hadn't even cut her first tooth. Of course, he passed her 1-year weight at 4 months, so I don't know why I even bother making comparisons (although, I still think they look alike!)


In other milestone news, Norah sat still and allowed me to curl her hair last Sunday. (This is exciting on two levels--the first being that she actually has enough hair to put in curlers, and the second being that she was very patient and still while I was working on her hair...believe me, it is usually a struggle just to get her hair in pigtails!)






Here she is being "very careful" not to loose her curlers. Is it just me, or does she look so grown up in this picture?

At 2 and a half years old, she is up to 29.5lbs and is 35.5" tall. (No more fish measurements for my girl). She's growing up so fast!

4 comments:

said...

Wow, she's gonna be tall! Aidan is 3 and is 36" tall (25th percentile...there's a lot of short on the Murphy side of the family!)

I'm impressed that she keeps her curlers in. I think Aidan would take them out. It took MONTHS to get her to wear barrettes and bows without ripping them out!

Amy B. said...

such sweet faces! they definitely got your flawless complexion!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Bella does not have enough hair for curlers yet! maybe one day!

Chelsi said...

Aww...what a little lady! She does look so grown up :)

PS - the cake for Amanda turned out so cute!! Great job! AND...I will be taking you up on that offer for the knitting tips... ;)