
Thanks to a recent post by Sheri D. for inspiring this week's 13--"Favorite Movies That I Grew Up With". Feel free to post your favorites! I'm feeling all nostalgic now and you might remind me of a few I missed.
1. The Neverending Story (Whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa)
2. Toby Tyler (What kid didn't want to run away and join the circus at some point?)
3. The Sound of Music (I could watch this about a gazillion times!)
4. Summer Magic (Did anyone else grow up with this little-known classic?)
5. The Little Princess (Shirley Temple)
6. Oklahoma! (So many great songs...and yes, I am a BIG-TIME musical geek and I'm not ashamed to admit it)
7. The Princess Bride (Favorite lines: "Stop that rhyming and I mean it!" "Anybody want a peanut?)
8. My Fair Lady (I loved the part where she swallows the marble, and of course the scene where she regally walks down the staircase in her beautiful, white dress and tiara and drops Henry Higgins' jaw)
9. The Indiana Jones Trilogy (ok, so I wasn't wild about the "Temple of Doom" heart-removal scene...but other than that, it was a great series!)
10.The Swiss Family Robinson (the coolest tree house ever!)
11. Old Yeller (Favorite line: "I don't wanna play in 'at ole backyard!")
12.The Man From Snowy River (Still one of my all-time favorite soundtracks!)
13.The Original Star Wars Trilogy (like I could be married to Jason Robinson and leave those off the list!)
6 comments:
You are so funny! The pics of Norah are precious, too!
I found your blog via Sarah's. It was fun for me to make connections to the Beck's, Smith's and Sheri's blog from yours. I didn't really connect...just read and saw all the pics of the beautiful children.
Hi to all!
Denise Perkins
Angela,
Thanks for the comment. I also look forward to 5 o'clock when Braxton starts looking out the window. I look forward to hearing him yell daddy daddy's home. It is so great to see them excited to see the men we love!
good post
Lyneil
I love Old Yeller.
Do you remember the movie RAD? I LOVED that movie...about bmx biking.
Hey how do I put links and my friends blogs on the right side of my blog page? I cant figure it out...Im a dork.
P.S.
And how come all I have on my tool bar above the post Im working on is ABC check and the photo tool? What happened to the font stuff and things like that? Now Im a big fat dork.
Karen,
Yes! I totally remember RAD. Good call. That also reminded me of "Flight of the Navigator" and "Goonies"...can't believe I left "Goonies" off the list! What a classic!
I answered your Blogger questions on your blog...feel free to delete the comment after you use it...that way you dont have to feel like such a big dork. Just kidding, you're not a dork, man!
Post a Comment