
Norah and I have had the pleasure of reliving my "Glory Days" at my old workplace for the past 3 weeks. We've been filling in for the front desk receptionist for 4 hours, daily, while she recovers from surgery. Today will (hopefully) be our last day.
Norah has been a great sport for most of our time at work. She spends some of the morning playing on a palette beside the front desk, some watching Baby Einstein on our laptop from home, some playing in the exersaucer I have occassionally borrowed from the church nursery (see photo), a little time eating lunch, and then she usually naps for at least an hour or so before we head home.
Everyone in the church office has been so nice and accomodating. (Becky always schedules her trip to the far-away outside mailbox when Norah starts to get a little fussy--not so she can get away from Norah, but so she can take her with her. (A good stroll in the Texas heat of August always cheers my little girl up...and to think, most of the rest of us are complaining about it...go figure!) And the little "side job" came at a good time...our summer utility bill is outrageous! Oh...and for those of you who are as excited as I am...there are exactly four months til Christmas!!!
1 comment:
Tell Checky Becky I said Hey! :)
They said on the radio today that we are getting a ...get this..."cold front" on Sunday and the high should be 95 degrees...whoopee
Post a Comment