This morning I was cleaning the kitchen and I noticed that a container of hand sanitizing wipes that I normally keep under the sink was a.w.o.l. Knowing that this particular container is one of Norah's habitual temptations, I was pretty sure where I'd find them. Sure enough, as I rounded the corner into the living room, there she sat; wipes container to her left, and a pile of about six wipes encircling her and her teddy bears, on the love seat. I assumed my "tough mom" stance (hands on hips and menacing glare of disapproval ).
A: "Norah, what do you think you're doing? You know you aren't supposed to get things from under the sink."
N: "But Momma, I'm makin' baby Jesus' blankets. He's so berry cold."
Some offenses are easier to bust than others. How can you fault a girl for making blankets for baby Jesus? I recalled the wipes container, instructed her to throw "blankets" in the trash when she was done playing, and reminded her (again) that the things under the kitchen sink are off limits.
8 comments:
ha-ha! That is so funny and sweet.
Very, very tough call on that one....how did the mommy-stance change after her explanation? I bet it was hard to not just scoop her right up and tell her good job and give her more wipes.
The stance definitely softened...but of course, I still tried to maintain a pseudo-serious face. :)
Too funny! Bella is so obsessed with the baby wipes in her room. Every time we change her diaper she wants one and then proceeds to 'clean' every thing in sight with it! ...no blankets for Jesus yet but she would probably want to clean him up!
that is so so cute! I think Jesus would have wanted a germ free covering : )
She is such a sweetie
angela-
please follow your acrynms w/ a parenthesis filled explanation...or maybe a legend.... I could'nt finish reading you blog b/c it hurt my brain trying to figure out what a.w.o.l. or whatever those letters were at the beginning. maybe after i figure it out, i'll finish reading your blog...but the pics are cute!! :)
ok, so since i called you & you explained to me the 'common knowlege' meaning of a.w.o.l, i finished reading your blog today & too cute!!! norah is so sweet, i love her!!she has such a creative mind. i wonder who she gets it from... ;)
Hmmm...guess I should fix it where my name is somewhere on my blog. Thanks for the eye-opener! It's me, Kara Dennis. You were right about the CofC er. :)
I forget that not everyone knows who I am by what is on my blog. OOPS!
You are very talented. I decorate, but nothing that great. Maybe you will inspire me to work harder. And/or, I'll just call you for my next cake! You deliver, right? ha!:)
Have a great night! Ps...I always enjoy reading your blog! :)
Post a Comment