Saturday, August 16, 2008

Reunited...and it feels so good!

It seems like ages since I've sewn anything, and I didn't realize how much I missed it. I picked up this book several months back and had been dying to make more than a few of the projects I found inside. (Well-worth what I paid for it!)

The first project on my list was this colored pencil roll. It had me at "Roy G. Biv". Seriously, I'm a sucker for anything spectrum-related or color-wheel-esque, so this was right up my alley.

The funniest part of the project was carrying around a box of colored pencils (for matching purposes) and loading my shopping cart up with 24 bolts of assorted colors of fabric. (And yes, I did feel like a bit of a heel for only buying quarter yard of each...but thankfully, we're on a first-name basis with the clerks at JoAnn's, so they were really sweet about it!)

I'm definitely looking forward to making more of these. (And Norah has already made it very clear that she is ready for one of her own)

I personalized each roll with the recipient's name. (I do, after all, have a "thing" for names)


And I'm only just getting started. These two were for friends with summer birthdays, but I've also got 3 different Christmas gifts already in the works, and plans for several upcoming birthday presents waiting in the wings.

It feels SO good to be sewing again! (And being ahead of the "Christmas Crunch" feels pretty nice, too)

9 comments:

Perks said...

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!! We are the lucky recipients of these fabulous pencil rolls. When the girls unwrapped them, I ooooh'd and aaaah'd over and over. I am WAY impressed. The fabric colors are fabulous. I feel like I need to hang it on the wall or something...it's so cheery and beautiful to the eye. Thank you, thank you!

Angela Robinson said...

Denise--you are so welcome...and you're so sweet to gush over them. I'm thankful to have friends who don't mind getting something "homemade"--it's more fun for me that way :) (Selfish, I know) I hope the girls enjoy them!

Amy B. said...

Do you have to be under the age of 5 to get one of those?! ;o)
Seriously, WAY cool! Please hurry up and open P&P...

Angela Robinson said...

Definitely not, Ames...guess I know what to get your for your birthday! You're never too old to color, in my opinion...in fact, I secretly look forward to it when Norah wants me to color with her because it gives me an excuse!

As for P&P...I have been thinking a lot more about it lately...

Sara Nickson said...

I love the gift idea. Homemade gifts are the best...especially yours! I use my apron all the time & it always reminds me of you!

Me said...

Those are so pretty! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love it! You are so talented!!

Trae and Amanda said...

Angela,

S-E-L-L this stuff!! It's amazing! I am in awe at your talent...now can you make me one?!

THE LUCAS FAMILY said...

I'm very impressed by your wonderful talents!