Norah has several dolls, all of which, up until now, have been referred to as, "Baby". Any time I would say to her, "Yes, Norah, it IS a baby, but what is the baby's name?" she would simply look back, seemingly incredulous at my density and say, "Baby." (Which, might have been a fine name if her baby were a character from "Dirty Dancing", but it's not, so I'd like to hope she could do a little better in the creativity department)I have secretly been on pins and needles awaiting the naming of Norah's first baby dolls. Names are a big deal to me. It took us a long time to decide on names for both of our children because I wanted them to be just right. I was just as obsessive about naming my childhood baby dolls, and was constantly dreaming up names for my "future kids" when I was a little girl. So, being the name-obsessed person that I am, I guess I'm curious about what style name my daughter (who has to live with the name I chose for her) would choose for her own "baby". Much to my surprise yesterday, when I asked (for the umpteenth time), "What is your baby's name?" She had a new answer!
N: (motioning to her "boy" baby, dressed in blue)"This is Casey, Mommy."A: "Casey! What a great name! Is Casey a girl or a boy?"
N: "Casey is a boy."
A: "What about your other baby?"
N: (motioning to the other baby, dressed in pink) "This is baby Charli."
A: "Oh. I like that name. Is Charli a boy too?"
N: "Hahaha...No, Mommy, Charli is a girl. Casey is the boy."
So, there we have it. Two, androgynous names chosen (both the less popular use) for her first baby dolls. And they've stuck. I've lost count of how many times she's exclaimed, "Oh no, I forgot Charli!" or "Oh, Mommy, Casey's hungry too!" this week.
She's given them countless rides in the double stroller...
and Eli's given them piggy back rides, as any good uncle would.
This, of course, looked like so much fun that Norah had to experience it for herself, with Charli in tow, of course Thankfully, she has at least learned enough not to put her full weight on him, and he's just happy to have even a "small smackeral" of her attention.
5 comments:
How fun. I love to watch them grow. Each stage is a lot of fun. So glad that those babies have names now.
awww, what a cute post! I love those babies!(norah & eli) I wonder how she came up w/ those names? I think it's funny how they are both 'c' names too.
Oh, those are much more original than Bonnie's "Dora." Don't tell Bonnie I said that.
Bella is always trying to sit on Gunnar for a horsey ride...Eli seems to enjoy it much better though! Oh and we still just have 'babies' around here...no names yet!
Cute post! I love the names she chose...very original.
Post a Comment