Norah is going through a phase of taking everything very literally. Case in point, Grandma calls her her "little chickadee", Norah responds, "I'm not a chickadee, I'm a girl." Daddy calls her "Squirt", Norah responds, "I'm not 'Squirt', I'm Norah." With this in mind, the following interchange cracked me up...
Pepaw: "Bye, bye, Norah Lou!" (My dad has a habit of adding "Lou" to the end of family members' names. It's a term of endearment)
Norah: "Bye, bye Pepaw Lou!"
I think we were all expecting, her to explain that she wasn't Norah Lou, she was "Just Norah", but instead, she decided to shock us all and just go with it.
Also overheard this weekend...
N: (to Eli) "Buddy, you should always, always ALWAYS obey Mommy and Daddy. And me, Norah."
5 comments:
I showed off your kiddos to the fam last week on my iPhone. They all think they're adorable. :) Barbara and I think that Aidan and Norah are cut from the same cloth...they'll either be the best of friends or fight like cats and dogs. ;)
Eli, come to Isaiah for pointers. He just recently realized he doesn't have to obey C&P and he's a totally different boy. It was actually a little nice when he was obeying everyone but I will say they were a little bossy.
Must be a stage....Emma's doing the same thing...."I'm not baby girl...I'm just Emma."
That makes me laugh. "Me, Norah"..she wanted to make sure he was clear. Very funny. =)
so sweet! aidan does that too, if i say 'are you hungry?' he says 'no, i aidan.' he does that with everything! even if i say 'you're so cute aidan!' he says 'no, i not cute-aidan, i just aidan.' ohhh ok. :)
Post a Comment