Eli is becoming more and more aware of his own strength. I left the room for a couple of minutes the other day and returned to this picture. I should also note that the rubbermaid wasn't pushed up against the fireplace when I left. (So either he pushed it, or had an accomplice. I'm inclined to think it was the latter, as Norah loves push him around)
At first, he looked mildly concerned, like he was worried he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. This, did not, however keep him from trying to get away with a couple more tricks before I scooped him up and moved the rubbermaid into the garage.At eight months, he is pulling up on everything in sight, cruising a little, and most recently has begun trying to stand up in the middle of the room. (He starts in the sitting position, then puts his palms down on the ground and pushes his rear into the air as he straightens his legs. He has not managed to stand completely up yet, but he's definitely working on getting there)
His sound repertoire now includes: "Dada", "Buh buh", "Goo Goo" and "Guh Guh". That's right, still no "Mama". All those 2am feedings and this is how he thanks me. He loves to try to imitate the sounds I make. He does well with the ones he knows. He tries SO hard to make the "Mmmmmm" sound. His concentration is positively endearing. He may not be able to say "Mama", but he has "I love my Mama" written all over his face!
He is still a great eater. He's done well with baby food, but in light of the fact that he has a mouthful of teeth, enjoys self-feeding, and the recent realization we spend $10/week on baby food, I've decided to start him on solids. He is having a ball! His favorites so far are green beens and bread. (I haven't given him meat yet...I'm holding out for a couple more weeks, as the Dr. recommended starting it at 9 months. If he's anything like his Daddy, he's in for a real treat!)
2 comments:
Sounds like you're going to have an early walker on your hands. They are so fun at this age! Such blessings for you and your smooch.
Yeah Eli!!! Gunnar has been walking around holding furniture for 2 months now! He just won't let go and walk yet! He LOVES real food too! Hurray for Eli getting some real grub!
Post a Comment