Wednesday, August 08, 2007

C is for...

Cable...a "luxury" we've never felt the need to indulge in. For the entire 7 years of our marriage, Jason and I have never had cable tv. We do, still watch some occasional television (Norah loves PBS) and we definitely enjoy our online membership to Blockbuster (so worth the $10/month!), but that's more than enough tv in our house as far as we're concerned.

Cakes...and boy have I made a lot of them! For a little over a year now I've been providing cakes for a Princess & Diva Birthday Party business, and I really love it. I have made tons of pink and purple cakes, doll cakes, and even a castle cake. My favorite cake this year was Norah's first birthday cake (and cupcakes) for her Monkey party.

Christian...Jason's and my shared faith is the most important foundation of our relationship. We both grew up in the Church of Christ , and still continue to worship there together three times a week. But more importantly than the decision to attend "church" tri-weekly, is our decision to do our best to live out our faith in our every day life, and model it to our children.

Cookbooks...I am a cookbook junkie. I have a big collection of them, and love pouring over them to make my weekly grocery list. My two favorites are "The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook" and "My Favorite Recipes", a Gooseberry Patch blank cookbook that I hand-write all of my favorite recipes in. Only the best of the best, tried-and-true and "secret family recipes" make it into that book, and I look forward to passing it on to Norah someday.

Cravings...I didn't have many with my first pregnancy (really, just orange juice, all 9 months), but this time, it seems like I have a new one every day. Some of my more recent cravings have been for circus peanuts (you remember, those orange, marshmallow peanut-shaped candies?), strawberry daiquiri's (thankfully, I've never acquired a taste for alcohol, so virgin is just the way I like them!), and just about anything high in protein.

Creative...Growing up, I never really felt this was a word that described me. I would, however, say that it it was a word that described what I wanted to be. I do love creating things---from sketches, to sewing projects, to big dinners, and take an extra bit of pride in anything that I can make from scratch or without a pattern.

7 comments:

Blue Yonder said...

Oooooh cake! I took a decorating class before my oldest's first birthday. I was so determined to make a beautiful cake for him myself. I love the decorating part, but not so much all the icing clean up. I even made two wedding cakes. But I will never EVER do that again. Enjoying your blog!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you ARE creative! The sewing, the cakes...you are there!

Meg Knight said...

I am really enjoying your ABC's! I think it is such a clever idea and you are keeping it up beautifully! I do think I will join in though I haven't decided when to start. Keep up the great work and P.S. you are super creative!

Angela Robinson said...

Yea! I was hoping someone else would join me so I wouldn't feel like I'm the only "telling all" about myself. (And thanks for boosting my creativity's ego)

Anonymous said...

I'm fond of the cakes you made for Grant and Paige's wedding (the fish and the "Duke" cake). :)

Could you email me? I have questions about making a quilt for Aidan and your email keeps bouncing. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just look at that cake - of course you're creative!

Angela Robinson said...

Tara,
I can't take credit for those cakes...I helped make G&P's bridal cakes, but Rose Cottage Creations was responsible for the groom's cakes, and yes, they were amazing!