
Unloading the dishwasher...I used to hate it, but it's recently become one of those "chores" that really doesn't bother me. I think Norah has helped my attitude a lot. She loves helping me unload the dishwasher (and reminding me to tell her "thank you" after she hands me each piece). I've recently promoted her to helping with unloading the plates. I know it sounds nuts, but she just lifts them straight up from the rack and I take them from her before she lifts them very high--she is so proud of this new job and is very careful. It makes me so proud that even at just 19 months she wants so badly to help mommy. (And, as you can see from the picture she's been helping unload the dishwasher, regularly since she was 14-months old!)
Ultra-sound...two down, one to go...this pregnancy. These are definitely my favorite pre-natal appointments. Hearing the heartbeat is nice, but there is something so special about seeing our forming child move on that screen that just does my heart good. (The next best thing to meeting him in person, for now)
Used...I don't mind getting things second-hand. In fact, I get a little rush of exhilaration if I can find a bargain on something that "looks" new, but in actuality is used, and therefore cheaper! I especially love used books and dvds (and for the record, if you've ever considered buying me either as a gift, I would think more of you for it!)
1 comment:
Norah will have to teach Aidan how to be more careful...I'm down one bowl from her recent unloading exploits. ;)
I loved used things too! Previously loved, vintage, how ever you want to call them, I have no problem buying things second or third hand. I've even rescued things from the street corner and redone them (a night stand for use in my craft area).
Post a Comment