Thank You Notes...the necessity of writing these for any act of kindness, gift, or service was instilled in my from an early age by my mother. As a result, to this day, I am a thank you note writer...and you know what? I no longer do it out of obligation-- I actually enjoy it. It makes me feel good to express to the giver how much they are appreciated when I know I might not be present-minded enough to thank them if I see them in person. (Especially after a shower of gifts such as Christmas or a birthday)
Tulle...not my typical crafting medium, but I bought some in hot pink yesterday, to use to hang a bow board I was working on for Norah's big girl room. We were having a rough time in Hobby Lobby (that's what I get for attempting to go so close to nap time) until the appearance of said tulle. After it was cut, I put it over Norah's head for the remainder of our shopping excursion, and she had a blast seeing everyone/thing through a shroud of pink! I guess she felt like I tree (not sure what that has to do with hot pink tulle...but don't squelch my daughter's awesome creativity, ok?), because she kept swaying from side to side, singing, "Swaying....swaying" like they do in Bible class. At any rate, the tulle was such a big hit (and so incredibly cheap!) that I've decided I'm going to incorporate some into her top-secret Halloween costume...which I hope to start on as soon as we finish up the transformation of the aforementioned "big girl room".
2 comments:
She's so stinkin' cute!
Aidan had a hot pink tutu last year for Halloween. She still loves to wear it around!
I think Kellen was just about Norah's age (and Bonnie was 3 months old) when I realized that "Hobby Lobby" = "baby torture", at least for little boys!=) Cute bow board - and I'm looking forward to seeing the big girl room and the Halloween costume.
Post a Comment