Monday, August 27, 2007

V is for...

Vacation...we don't take many...but I hope that will change someday. I always enjoy the adventure of navigating through an unknown place in search of good times, great food, and buried treasures. Some of my favorites have been skiing/snowboarding numerous times in Colorado (while Grant and Paige were there), our first anniversary at South Padre Island (even though I did get 2nd degree sunburn), and of course, our honeymoon in Cancun. Yes, vacations are expensive, but their memories are priceless. I think they'll be even more fun in the years to come, as we can share them with our kids. (Disneyworld would be a dream come true!)

Vacuum...I've said it before, I am a self-professed serial vacuumer. For full story, check out my previous "Confessions of a Serial Vacuumer" post. Most recent problem with this: Norah no longer sleeps through it, which means careful planning, vacuuming around her nap.

Vegetables...I love 'em! (And thankfully, so does Norah) I can't think of too many vegetables that I don't like (Brussels sprouts are about all that come to mind). I especially love them fresh from the garden (not mine, as I don't have one...but I love it when our generous gardening friends/family share). My favorites are the green ones--cucumber, broccoli, zucchini and okra.

Violas...my favorite gardening flower. Why? Because even I can grown them! I try to plant a fresh batch each September (since they're annuals, after all) and enjoy those beautiful, deep purple blooms through the month of May. I've never had to do more than plant them...not even water. They're just that easy...and they make me happy.

Verbal...the part of the SAT that I did well on. Probably came from a life-long love of reading...and talking way too much.

1 comment:

Morgan Mann said...

Hi Angela, I love your blog and that you keep it up so well. I have a little boy the same age as Norah, and it's fun to see how she's growing up along with my son.

Your comment about vacationing is the same way I feel. Since you love to go out in nature with your family, I recommend Geocaching or Letterboxing. We've been geocaching for a few years and just heard about letterboxing - you make your own stamps even! Both are great ways to get out for a treasure hunt around your own area, as well as in other parts of the country when you visit. Wikipedia's definition: Geocaching

Also, tag, you're it: Middle Name Meme