Friday, June 27, 2008

Recent Cakes


Sunflower-themed shower cake (inspired by an old painting hanging in my Gramps' house--Amanda, you know the one!)

When the client came to pick it up, Norah said, "Happy birthday!" to her. (This is due to the fact that she usually asks for a piece of the cakes I make, and my standard reply is, "Oh, sorry sweetheart...this is X's birthday cake"..and she always backs off, because she can understand that a birthday cake is "sacred". As a result, she now thinks that any cake I make is for someone's birthday, and therefore, has started wishing each one "Happy Birthday" whether it actually is, or not.)

And this one was for butterfly
-themed 2nd birthday party last weekend.

8 comments:

Beck Boys said...

The cakes look great. We have been missing you. Glad you are back!

Unknown said...

That butterfly cake is gorgeous! Must try that idea sometime!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the butterfly cake!!!

Amy B. said...

You definitely make it hard to pick a favorite...I always have to change my "favorite" when you make a new one! They are both perfect!

Sara Nickson said...

You are quite talented. I love the pic of J and Eli.

sarahdawn said...

I LOVE it when you post cake pictures. You are a very talented lady! My cake person moved away so I think I will be giving you a call next time we have an need for cake! Any chance you would be willing to experiment with a gluten free cake?

Angela Robinson said...

Thanks so much for all of the cake love. They were both a lot of fun.

Sarah...I might consider it, if you could come up with some recipes for me...

Me said...

Another beautiful cake...or should I say two. Though I'm partial to butterflies because Em is, I must confess I love the flower one best!