Friday, September 14, 2007

Early Signs of Fall


Last night marked the opening of "Fall Ball" for Jason's men's softball team. Since it was a 6:30 game, and the weather has been gorgeous here (cooler and less humidity than we've had in a long time!), Norah and I decided to go along. I wasn't sure how well she'd do since the last time he played was a year ago, when she was just 7 months old and not walking. The whole bi-ped evolution really changes things. Of course, she didn't want to be confined to the stroller the whole time, so her psychology was to ask to sit on the "table" (aka--the bench...I keep books for the team, so we were in the dugout). And then, of course,the "table" got old really fast, so I closed the gate, confining her to the dugout...but she really wanted on the field (which doesn't have a gate barricading it), so I had to watch for that, too. All-in-all, she did pretty well. She especially enjoyed playing with extra softballs, and collecting the players' discarded jewelry (Aggie rings, watches, etc. that they took off and left on the bench while playing). Thankfully, about half of the team is family, and the rest of the guys are really nice, so everyone was patient and friendly. I wish I would have taken my camera, but the batteries were dead. She looked so cute sitting on the bench with her little legs dangling below, shouting, "Goooooooooo Daddies!" everytime she saw him bat. (Everyone's name is plural this week, for some reason...making me "Mommies", etc.)

Other signs of fall? I happily purchased my first candy corn of the season this week. So delicious! Which, in turn, inspired a new t-shirt design for Norah. I think I may embroider something below it, but I think it turned out cute, and I love that she already had a skirt to match it. (She, by the way, loves candy corn as much as I do!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela, how cute! I used to love hanging out in the dug-out at the ball park when I was little to watch dad play. I love the candy corn shirt, good job! :)

Amy B. said...

I can just imagine Norah being proud of her "Daddies"...that is so sweet!

And the shirt is very cute, I cannot believe it's time for candycorn already...Im not complaining though!! (I'll be making a trip to the store very soon myself)