
Our good friend,
Denise, brought by a super-fluffy duvet insert for us to try-out this morning, and it was a great fit! (Thanks, Denise!) Norah is still loving her new big girl bed...as long as it's daylight. We laid down in it together last night, just for fun, with the lights out, but she suddenly wasn't as enamored by it. In fact, she started to cry, and ask for Daddy (probably because we hadn't told him "night night", and she's about as much a "schedule freak" as I am) Thankfully, I think it'll still be a few more weeks before we make the "big move". I think it will help when we add our bedtime routine to the equation, and if worse comes to worst, a night light.

Norah's first reaction to the addition to the duvet? "Soft!" This was quickly followed by a lively game of "1-2-4!" in which she sat up in the bed, counted, and fell backwards, landing on the soft duvet. For some reason, she has a funny aversion to the number three. She skips it every time she counts. It may even be a multiples of three problem, because if she's trying to count to ten, she skips both three and six. Maybe she's just inheriting her mother's less than perfect Math skills... For the record, we do correct her, and she'll repeat it if we say it first...but she keeps reverting back to doing it "her way" when she counts by herself.
And I just had to post one picture of the bed all made up with the duvet, just for good measure. My sweet friend, and "personal decorating consultant",
Jenny, has agreed to come sometime this week and help me figure out where to hang pictures/accents. It's really been a fun room to work on, especially since Norah seems to love it too...and that is, after all, my main goal.
8 comments:
I'm not kidding, Bonnie skips 3 too. I wonder what's going on in that Bible class...
LOL! You might be on to something...we may have to set up video surveylance on Jenny next Sunday morning!
wow...that bed looks really comfortable...u know i'll be in town in a couple of weeks... ;)
Too weird! Ethan skips 3 as well. We really need to check into this!
It's really coming along beautifully! Even I would sleep in there! hee hee
Oh yes, it is a conspiracy! When I was little bitty (Seriously, no joke) I skipped the number 3 too (in Spanish too). You can listen to tapes of me counting and I skip it every time! So, I believe that all children skip 3... and maybe they'll turn out to be as wonderful as me!!!
None of mine skip 3. Sorry, guys, we can't hang out anymore.
Owen didn't insert the #3 on his own until he was about 2 1/2 years old. Now it flows beautifully, but for a while, I did wonder...
Post a Comment