Monday, September 03, 2007

A Whole Lotta Bakin' Goin' On

My oven has been hoppin' over the course of my ABC's! I had five cake orders within a 3-day span, so I thought I'd post a few of the things that came out of my kitchen that week.
This was a baby shower cake for a couple at church who is expecting a baby girl this month. I was told that the grandmother-to-be had been busy making several quilts for the baby's nursery, so I thought it would be fun to go for a "quilt" cake. (I also heard that the mom-to-be loved pink, so as a little surprise I made the cake strawberry for a little added pink on the inside)


This was a wedding cake I did for a good friend who was having a small, private wedding a couple of weeks ago. She said she liked the "stacked present" look, but she was also a fan of "swirls", so I combined the two and this was the result.







This was a baby shower cake for a mother-to-be who had decked her nursery out in pink butterflies.

While I was very thankful for the extra money (I've been saving up for Norah's big girl bed, and this helped a lot!), it's also nice to have a little break now that everyone's sweet tooth has hopefully been satisfied.

4 comments:

Irma and Koby said...

Mmmmmm....what a yummy post! I love the cakes you make. That wedding cake looks so elegant!

Tiffany said...

Angela,
I got your link off of Irma's blog and wanted to thank you for making such a BEAUTIFUL cake for my baby shower! It was adorable and so delicious (my husband and I snacked on it for at least a week!) I truly appreciate you sharing your talents with us during this exciting and special time!

Tiffany Beatty

Angela Robinson said...

Tiffany-I'm so glad you liked it. It was a fun one for me to make.

mommy kiel said...

wow! those cakes really look so wonderful! i bet they taste delicious too!
you are so talented! :)