Friday, September 14, 2007

What's in a Name?

I've really been giving some thought to marketing my appliquéd onesies and t-shirts. Being the obsessive planner that I am (and maybe due to the fact that I'm pregnant, and names are big in my mind right now), I feel the need to come up with a name before I proceed much further. So I'd love any input that you would be willing to share. Please bear in mind that I am also picky and opinionated, so I may not take your advice...but I'd still love to hear it. Two names I've been rolling around in my mind are "Sew Cute" (since my focus will be baby and kids clothes) and "Sew Me" (since my designs are unique and can be easily personalized for the recipient). Any other ideas pop up in your head?

9 comments:

Amy B. said...

I LOVE both of those!
Along those same lines:
Sew Unique, Sew Norah, Sew Savvy

And heres a few others. They may just ignite your creative juices if nothing else...
Norah's Closet
A Stitch in Time
Personally Yours by Angela
Needle & Thread

I too am incredibly picky and would probably drive myself insane if I had to choose a name...so Ill post more if I think of any. Its always good to have options and something to bounce around in your head. Feel free to shoot them down!

Angela Robinson said...

Thanks for your feedback, Amy. I was just thinking about "Sew Unique", too! I also love "Norah's Closet". Keep the suggestions coming. This is fun!

THE LUCAS FAMILY said...

It's going to be a hard choice! You have several wonderful names to pick from. I used Sew Creative while I was in Arkansas. Although, I personally like some of your other choices better! :)I'm too busy for sewing right now. Who knows when I'll get back to doing all those fun things again! Good luck! I can't wait to find out what you picked!!

Anonymous said...

I love Norah's Closet.

erin said...

Just a thought: the little outfits that you always see in expensive boutiques lots of times have cutesy names, like Plum Pudding or Babycakes (silly examples, I know, but you get my drift...). Just my thoughts; I like some of the other suggestions too!

Amy B. said...

Jon calls me Babycakes...I mean you can still use that, just thought you might want to know that before you choose it. :)
All of these names would be perfect!
Im having fun trying to think of more.
BabyBoutique
First Steps
Snickerdoodle
Sew Sweet
Because I Said Sew

(I love the 'Sew' thing)

Paige R said...

Sew Cute is my vote!

Angela Robinson said...

My sister called to add her two cents:
"Sew Little", and Jason added "Sew Tiny"

Thanks again for all of the great suggestions!

Amy B. said...

Sew Little or Sew Cute are officially my favorites...for today. :)